Production Services and Options
We encourage you to let your imagination dictate your personal history destination. LifeGems will work with you to research and compile information, organize photographs and memorabilia and produce a history you will be proud to give to loved ones, or even market to the general public.
- Manuscript over 30,000 words (80 plus pages) produced as a hard-cover or soft-cover book, to client’s specifications.
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on taped interviews with the subject (may include others, at the client’s request); may also include independent research by LifeGems, by request
- Manuscripts can also be developed from (or enhanced by) hand-written notes, letters, manuscripts or recorded tapes
- Order one copy, or thousands: you dictate the print run. Since LifeGems works with numerous printers, we will help you choose the printer best suited to your needs
Commemorative Life Story
- Manuscript up to 10,000 words (about 25 pages) produced as a hard-cover or soft-cover book to client’s specifications.
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on interviews with the subject.
- Manuscript up to 2,500 words (about 5 pages).
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on 1- to 2-hour interview with the subject or client.
LifeGems Personal Histories will arrange all the publishing and production details for your personal or family history volume, in soft-cover or hardcover.
Custom designs produced by LifeGems Personal Histories will incorporate your images and text compatibly, ensuring a highly professional, quality finish for your personal, family or corporate history at prices suited to every budget.
We will work with you to determine the ideal quantity of books to print that will best serve your needs and your project budget. To make your initial decision regarding order quantity easier, your finished artwork is kept on file for future orders.
LifeGems Family Tree Books
Transform your genealogical data into beautifully crafted books. Commemorate a family reunion, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries, milestone birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day or Christmas with an unique keepsake gift for every member of your family.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or for a production quote.
Workshops are designed to help you to mine and record your own personal or family history, while learning specific writing techniques to develop your recollections into interesting, effective narratives. The workshops offer participants the added dimension of small-group dynamics, providing valuable opportunities for insight, cooperation and friendship.
You will learn how the elements of creative non-fiction writing are applied to memoir-writing to show character, develop dialogue and enhance the telling of your story using elements of surprise, suspense and setting. Through easy, enjoyable exercises, you will learn effective techniques of memory recall. In-class writing exercises will assist you in transforming your memories into polished, entertaining reading that will last for many lifetimes.
In addition, as a workshop participant, you will enjoy access to an extensive lending library of memoir-writing books and other helpful materials.
If you have written your own manuscript, we will provide caring, professional assistance to smooth out any rough edges and ensure correct grammar, spelling and punctuation are used; we can also help by suggesting ways to improve overall flow and quality of the narrative so that your manuscript becomes a source of pride, generating interest and providing entertainment to others.
Achieve one of your fondest dreams now!
Workshops are held in Collingwood, Ontario. On-location workshops are available by request for your group or organization. Contact us at (705) 444-0104 or email@example.com to enquire.
Workshop Leader: Christine E. Cowley, Author, Member of the Writers Union of Canada
Click here for more information on our workshops.